Monday, June 17, 2013

Facebook Mystery Event

Update: So now we know! You can record and share 15 seconds of videos in Instagram. Not even an original idea! 

The last time there was a mystery Facebook Event, the social networking site's stock price popped! But it turned out to be a failure (at least for me!) Android App called Facebook Home. A lousy one that makes Facebook your "Homepage" in your mobile phone or that's what I heard, as I didn't even take a look. There's too much Facebook in my life already I want to get rid of it!

However, it has become an effective tool for me to communicate with family and friends that it's almost impossible to drop it altogether. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Now there's another Facebook mystery event on June 20! I wonder what that will be. I'm not counting on it to be earth shattering. I'm guessing it's the same as the previous one. The style to hype an event up has become jaded I guess. It doesn't help that what they deliver are boring (that includes new announcements from Apple and other technology companies.  Google actually has not shied away from new things. The recent internet using balloons and the Google Glass are quite ground breaking.).

These companies spoiled us bad with new gadgets and ways to do things (interface) that when iterations come, we're not as excited as before!


Yes, I'll be watching out what Facebook will ship in a few days, but the excitement level has definitely died down for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment