Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Excellent Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4

This phone can do the basics very well and more. It can make and receive calls; write, send, and receive SMS and MMS messages; connect and browse the internet; install apps and run them.

All these things plus playing music and videos, taking photos and videos, reading ebooks, viewing all sorts of documents are effortlessly achieved in this smartphone. Come to think of it, are you going to buy a smartphone that can't do these basics? No way Jose!

If you're the type that only needs a phone to communicate, then this beast of a phone (and expensive too!) is not for you. Go get something that lasts weeks in one charge. This is one thing that a powerful smartphone owner can't run away from, the power drain problem.

The S4 can last one whole day in a normal use environment (phone calls, sms messages, email checking, light Facebook browsing). But if you're a gamer, even social gaming where colorful candies or gold drops down or disperses in the screen added with heavy use of cellular or internet voice calls, you'll be happy with an 8-hour battery life. If you're such a user, I recommend getting one of those external batteries that can re-charge your S4 one or two times.

The S4 is beautiful to look at and in addition, feels very nice to touch. It's a shame to wrap it up with something to protect it from accidental drops and collisions, but that's a modest thing to have to protect a significant investment. After all, the S4 costs much.

One question that I'd like to answer is: Does the S4 offer something compelling for S3 owners to upgrade? My personal answer is NO.

If you're an S2 owner and are planning to get a new phone, then the S4 is a significant upgrade. I am an S3 owner, and I'm not going to to upgrade to S4. My other half has the S4, and I like looking, touching and "tinkering" with it. I'm sure most of us would. I stand by the title I've given to this post, the S4 is an excellent gadget. I'll say it again, if you're looking for a new phone, this is a very good choice to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment