Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Finally, Google Nexus 7!

Nice, comfortable, very useful Nexus 7
Yes, I got the Nexus 7 just now! I'm not that hot about it that I didn't have to get one immediately. I purchased the 32GB and 3G model for 2,298 HKD (about 295USD). Add to that 90HKD for a smart cover/protector and

I need a device that has a bigger screen than my Samsung Galaxy S3 but not too big for me. Too big is anything around 10 inches diagonally. I use it to check emails (Gmail, Facebook, Yahoo Mail), view photos, watch videos, and read electronic books and magazines. It's perfect for my needs.

So why wait until now? I'm a spendthrift, that's why. I wait for prices to come down before I purchase something that I need (emphasis on n-e-e-d!). I know I need one, but I wait until prices are at reasonable levels before I purchase one. I also know that prices only come down considerably if new iterations of products are about to come, or when items are already "old". But I also know what I need, so even though a newer and better version is coming, the older version I'm buying is enough for my needs. Basically, that's the kind of thinking that goes through my mind when shopping for something.

First thing to do is charge for 8 hours. I'm not sure if this necessary, but it has always been good doing so. The idea being, if you do, you will optimize the life of your battery. No harm in trying, right?

Next is to install all the apps I need, and then turn off all options that drain the battery. Even this, is not so scientific, but again there's no harm in doing it.

For the past few days I've been loving my new gadget, and here's hoping for many more enjoyable days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment