Thursday, May 23, 2013

What I Need in a Phone

It used to be that phones were just for making and receiving voice calls. Now, it's not as simple.

My phone should be able to:
1. Make and receive calls
2. Write, send, and receive sms messages
3. Access the internet
4. Last a long time (battery life)
5. Be operated easily, intuitively

It won't hurt if it can:
1. Make me feel happy when I see it (it's beautifully designed)
2. Be taken out without a bag (or it can fit in a pocket)
3. Have a long physical life (won't break easy)
4. Be bought without hurting my wallet (reasonably priced)
5. Be used as an entertainment center (book reader, music player, video player, operate the TV!).

When you buy new units nowadays, they come with what we call "bloatware" - programs or applications that we don't really need, or functions that we can live without. The good thing is we have the capability to remove them! Although at this time, most of the time, you're going to lose your warranty. But that's the price you have to pay if you want your gadget optimized for your own use according to your speifications. It's way cooler that way.

But give me the first 5 items in my list and I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment