Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Simple Phone Homepage

As they say, to each his own. When it comes to homepage screens it's the same, each smartphone owner has his own preference. I like mine simple and uncluttered with the apps that I often use one or two taps away.

To achieve this in my Android devices, I use an app called Go Launcher (my wife uses Apex Launcher, which I find almost the same). To save battery (as they say), a dark background in an Amoled screen is best. The reasoning behind being when dark, no power is needed to display the black color. Light/power is needed to display white and other colors. It makes sense, but I don't really know home much power is saved in doing so. Big screens eats up power like crazy, it is therefore logical to save as much as one can until they discover batteries or technologies that can drastically extend battery life.

The launcher allows me to create "folders" which contains carefully categorized groups of apps. If you look at my home screen, I have the Switch widget on top that allows me to turn on or off Wifi, Mobile Data, and Bluetooth connections plus the mute and vibrate buttons. At the bottom are the most used buttons including Call, Contacts, Messaging, Apps and a soft On/Off button.

My folders contain all the apps that are often used. This is how I like mine, how about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment